Beat The Winter Blahs This Weekend
Brunch, bowling, and live entertainment are all options to get you moving.
I tend to hibernate in the winter.
That's because I really don't like cold temperatures. And trudging through snow-turned-dirty-wet-slush is not my idea of fun. Night after night of dinner in and a Netflix can become monotonous very quickly.
But there are plenty of options to get me (and you) off the couch and having some fun this weekend.
What to do? My top picks:
- Get motivated early with a stop at Sappington Tea Barn for brunch and a coffee. A nice hearty breakfast will warm you from the inside and the coffee will give you the extra kick needed to start your day. Gather up some friends to join you and make a morning out of it by exploring the Hay Loft Gift Shop afterwards.
- For wine lovers, give The Wine Barrel a call and make reservations for your own wine tasting. They are open Friday and Saturday nights until 10pm. Bring a group–the more the merrier!
- Get your bowl on at Crestwood Bowl. Friday and Saturday is Extreme Bowl from 9:30pm to midnight. For $11 enjoy all you can bowl and free shoe rental. Bargain!
- Helen Fitzgerald’s continues their concert series this weekend with two offerings. On Friday night enjoy Killing Vegas, a self described '90s and now pop-rock band. Saturday night Extremely Pointless is on tap featuring modern rock vibes and metal covers. Both shows start at 9pm and continue until they turn up the lights.
- JP’s Corner also features live bands on both Friday and Saturday nights. This week you can catch the rock stylings of Ultra Violet on Friday and Undercover on Saturday. Both shows start at 9pm and JP’s offers drink specials all night long.