UPDATED: Visit Crestwood Mall Santa at Watson Plaza on Monday, Tuesday
Ted Ricks, who played the big man at Crestwood Court for more than a decade, will be available at Spectrum Eyeglass Repair Monday and Tuesday evening for photos with children. Browse our list of other places to find Santa Claus around St. Louis this year.
When the last of the retail spaces at Crestwood Court shuttered in late 2011 and early 2012, did you realize you'd also be losing Santa Claus? Ted Ricks was a staple at the Crestwood mall for more than a decade, but this is the first year he isn't taking toy requests from South County children.
"I think about all the people... that say that I'm the only Santa their kid's ever sat on their lap and it makes me kind of sad," he said in the FOX2 report.
Ricks is still available for freelance opportunities this season, the "homeless Santa" told the South County Times. Monday, Dec. 17 and Tuesday, Dec. 18 Ricks will be greeting children at Spectrum Eyeglass Repair at 179 Watson Plz. during evening hours, the Times reports.
So where can you see Santa now?
- Crestwood residents who registered for Doughnuts With Santa will have the opportunity to meet with him this weekend.
- Sunset Hills is sponsoring Breakfast with Santa 9-11:30 a.m. on Dec. 15. Register through Dec. 12 for the opportunity to enjoy pancakes, crafts, games, and take a photo with Santa. The event is $6/person, call 314-842-7265 for more information.
- South County Center through Christmas Eve
- St. Louis Galleria through Christmas Eve. Find photo information on their website.
- Chesterfield Mall through Christmas Eve
- St. Louis Zoo sponsors Dinner With Santa on various dates. See their website for more information.
- Visit Santa and take your own photos of your children with the jolly man at the Museum of Transportation on Saturdays through Dec. 22, 1-3 p.m.