Residents who were becoming restless by the vacancies at Watson and Sappington roads can heave a sigh of relief—a touch of life has come back to at least part of the intersection.
Drivers may have noticed the "Coming Soon: Puricelli's Deli" banner hoisted over the old Imo's Pizza sign.
Imo's closed after a dining room fire in March, according to KMOV. Those who were hoping the Provel-loving pizza joint would be resurrected shouldn't be too disappointed, however. The deli will be operated by the same owner, Crestwood Public Works Director Jim Eckrich said.
Because ownership isn't changing, they won't need to go through any hearings before the city, he added.
The deli will be open the week of Nov. 26.
- Savers Secondhand Retailer Heads to Former Barnes & Noble space
- Win $10,000, Free Bagels for a Year, For Best Sandwich Recipe
- Crestwood Aldermen Want Feedback From Fozzie's Sandwich Emporium Before Choosing New Sappington Barn Tenant
- South County Residents Continue Campaign for Trader Joe's
- Knitters Meet Up at Barnes & Noble, Starbucks for More Than 10 Years