Latest Crestwood Court Proposal Keeps Entertainment Focus
Centrum Properties representatives still believe entertainment, restaurants, and a new grocer will anchor the District at Crestwood at the Watson and Sappington road intersection. Attend the town hall Q&A on Oct. 2.
A representative with Centrum Properties said the proposal for Crestwood Court they submitted to the city last week wasn't subsantially different than the concept they first presented to the public in June. The District at Crestwood rebuilds the outdated mall as a plaza for entertainment, food, and of course, some shopping.
Residents will have the opportunity to ask Centrum Properties questions on the project, as well as hear a more formal presenation from the developers, during a town hall scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 2.
While Crestwood aldermen and residents were less than enthused with what they'd heard over the summer, Centrum believes their project is receiving "very good reception from the marketplace" so far. Tuesday evening John Beckman, one of the real estate agents leasing out the development, reviewed the types of tenants they're looking to capture, including:
- 30-50,000 sq. ft. 'neighborhood grocer' to cushion the recent loss of two South County grocery stores
- a fitness center
- sporting good or outdoor apparel store
- a 12-15 screen theater or gaming area
- comedy club
- bowling alley "that's a little more modern" than current local options
- a sit-down restaurant that offers live entertainment
- a range of sit-down, casual dining, and snack spots
Beckman said a few museums have also contacted them about space in District at Crestwood. (Find the property listing on Sierra US.)
Centrum Properties reps said they'd like to have the first phase of their project completed in time for the 2014 holiday season. The developers are looking at possible tax funding from tax increment financing (TIF), community improvement districts (CID), or transportation development districts (TDD).
See More on Patch
- Crestwood Court Conversation Reignites With New Aldermen
- Crestwood Court News: LensCrafters is "Not Going Anywhere"
- Centrum Town Hall Addresses Questions About Crestwood Court Redevelopment
- Crestwood Court Developers: Shelf Life of Entertainment-Focused Proposal, Mall Are Short
- Crestwood Court Town Hall Scheduled for March