Lindbergh Grad Earns Free Meal From "Today" Co-Hosts During Jay Leno Appearance
Frank Albenesius, whose "Frank's Hair" YouTube videos went viral, tried to impress "Today" talk show hosts Matt Lauer, Al Roker, and Savannah Guthrie with his hair tricks.
A Lindbergh High School alumnus 'worked for food' during a recent appearance on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" by performing a special talent for three of the "Today" show's hosts.
Frank Albenesius was invited to Leno's late-night show on Jan. 11, Lindbergh Lookup reported. He achieved some notoriety last year via YouTube, showing off various tricks where he wiggles his head and scalp to mime wearing a wig. "Frank's Hair" has earned more than 600,000 hits on the video sharing website.
Albenesius was dubbed "Wiggle Scalp" in NBC promos.
Albenesius and two other men demonstrated their quirky skills in a segment called "Meal or No Meal!," where they had to impress judges Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, and Al Roker to win a free meal. The "Today" show judges were in Los Angeles this weekend to host a Golden Globes pre-show.
The judges approved, awarding Albenesius a meal at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse in Frontenac.
"I used to be able to do that. You do it once to often and...," Roker trailed off.
"He's going to end up like this," Roker pointed to his bald head. "He better go eat while he can."
The judges weren't as enthused with a Canadian Ryan Stock, who performed a trick with a ham and meat hook.
Other St. Louis residents you may have seen on TV recently:
See More on Patch
- Showtimes and Movie Reviews for Star Trek: Into Darkness, At Any Price, In The House, The Iceman, Kon-Tiki
- This Weekend: LHS Players Performing One-Act Comedies
- South County Resale Shop Owners Bring Their Designer Fashion to Reality TV
- Bizarre Food's Andrew Zimmern Samples Brains at South County Bar
- Movie Reviews: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Oz the Great and Powerful and More