Lindbergh High School teacher Judy Girard likely didn't imagine chaperoning a class trip to New York City last week would result in a brand new look.
It was her son, Kennedy's, 17th birthday, but he asked for a wardrobe update for his mom on the "Today" show's "Ambush Makeover."
Girard told "Today" show crew most of her clothes were a decade old.
"I've been growing out the hair since forever, I'm 44, I'm an old fart, so I'm ready to get freshened up," she said. "This is awesome. Being with my son on his birthday and being in New York, I couldn't be more excited."
Watch the video above for Girard's reveal!
The Girards aren't the only recent connection to the "Today" show. The previous week, LHS graduate Frank Albenesius demonstrated a special talent on Jay Leno's late-night show to win a free meal from "Today" co-anchors Matt Lauer, Al Roker, and Savannah Guthrie.
Other St. Louis residents you may have seen on TV recently:
- Lindbergh HS Grad Earns Free Meal From "Today" Co-Hosts During Jay Leno Appearance
- St. Louis Man Will Fight to Win on MMA Reality TV Show
- Mile 277 Spotted in Reality TV Show Pilot
- MMA Fighter Stops Crime, Slams Thief to Ground at Crestwood Schnucks
- Highway 61 Roadhouse on Food Network's 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'
- Nerinx Hall Graduate to Compete on 'The Amazing Race'