Local Businesses to Host Family Fun Events this Summer
Board of Aldermen approved several requests to hold events in this week’s meeting.
Sunset Hills’ Board of Aldermen unanimously agreed to allow Mile
277 at the Holiday Inn Viking, Panera, LLC and Smugala’s host their
upcoming summer events. A representative from each business answered members’ questions regarding possible security, parking and noise level
concerns in this week’s meeting.
Alderman Art Havener asked Keith Rhodes, co-owner of Mile 277, to further explain Thunder Alley’s, a local security company, experience in patrolling events at the venue. Alderman Thomas Musich inquired about parking availability, history of noise disturbances and the safety of the tents used during events. Rhodes reassured the aldermen that all potential issues had been resolved and was given permission to move forward in the planning process.
Panera’s Senior Project Construction Manager Justin Evans and Smugala’s co-owner, James Smugala, also were approved to host their events after addressing minor concerns by board members. A list of events is as followed:
- Mile 277: May 16-Sept. 26 “Wednesday Night Route 66 Bike Night” from 7-11 p.m. There will be motorcycle displays by
Doc’s Harley Davidson and Rebirth Customs and parking lot surveillance and security provided by Thunder Alley.
- Mile 277’s Anniversary, June 22-24, open to close each day
- Route 66 Car Cruise, Aug. 10, time to be determined. Come out to have your picture taken with retro-inspired, classic cruisers.
- “Bikinis, Bottles and Throttles”, Aug. 11, open to close each day. There will be an outdoor stage for a DJ and cabana with lounge seating for the day’s event.
- Panera, LLC’s Farewell Luncheon, May 16, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Kenrick’s Meats and Catering will provide food for the event
- Smugala’s “Bags” Tournaments, Saturdays, May 26, June 23 and August 11, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. There will be food, drinks and lots of fun for the entire family.