Updated 2:43 pm with additional information from St. Louis County prosecuting attorney's office.
St. Louis County Police have requested upgraded charges against Rachel Armstrong after her grandmother died following Armstrong's attack.
Armstrong, 37, of the 10000 block of Golf Crest in South County, was previously charged with first-degree elder abuse after throwing down her grandmother and stomping on her, breaking both her arms and eight ribs on Nov. 12.
Armstrong told police she believed her grandmother was a demon and confessed to the attack.
The police presented additional information to the county prosecuting attorney on Tuesday after Armstrong’s 92-year-old grandmother died of her injuries. The prosecuting attorney is waiting for the official autopsy report and then will present the case to the Grand Jury. The case is scheduled for court during the first week of January.
Armstrong is still in custody, and bail was set for the original charge at $75,000, cash only.
See related stories on Patch:
See More on Patch
- Blotter: Both Parties Claim to Be Victim of Domestic Assault
- Mugs in the News: The Faces that Made This Week's Crime Headlines
- Blotter: Customer Brings Weapon into Watson Road Restaurant
- 92-year-old Woman Beaten by Granddaughter Dies In Hospital
- Updated: South County Woman Attacks Grandmother She Thought Was a Demon