South County Mails 2,800+ Petition Signatures to Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's officials should receive the more than 2,800 signatures asking for the grocery store to open in South St. Louis County this week.
The campaign to bring a Trader Joe's to South St. Louis County mailed 2,885 petition signatures to the specialty grocer with hopes that the store will open a new location here.
Affton resident Carol Boss took the reins of the campaign, turning whisperings and rumors into a petition, video, Facebook page and overall movement.
“I think they value and support the community,” Boss said about Trader Joe’s. “They try to be like a local neighborhood grocery. They pay their employees really well. They have great benefit plans. It provides a source of healthy food and a more affordable price.”
Trader Joe's has said they are not currently considering South St. Louis County for a new store but added that they would re-consider at their "next review."
SEE RELATED STORIES
- Crestwood Mall Developers Want Trader Joe’s (Or Something Like It), Too
- Letter to SunCrest: Help Me Bring Trader Joe's to South County
- Trader Joe’s Rep Says No to Another St. Louis County Location for Now
- Trader Joe's in South County: One Woman's Quest
- Local Harvest Aims for October Opening in Kirkwood
- Sappington Farmers' Market Hopes for Short Goodbye
- Let Patch Give You a Hand with Your Groceries