South County Man Caught With Hand in Neighbor's Jewelry Box, Police Say
Police said the man, who was seen going through a jewelry box in his neighbor's bedroom last week, had stolen several pieces since Aug. 1.
A South County man faces criminal charges after police said he’d been stealing jewelry from his next-door neighbor for six weeks.
Heinrich K. Mueller, of the first block of Sappington Acres Drive in the unincorporated Sappington area, was charged Saturday with first-degree burglary and felony stealing.
St. Louis County Police said the neighbor saw him going through a jewelry box in his bedroom at about 1:53 p.m. Friday. The neighbor then looked through the jewelry box and realized several pieces of jewelry were missing.
Police said Mueller had been taking jewelry since Aug. 1, including a wedding ring set, necklaces, bracelets and several rings.
Mueller is being held in St. Louis County jail in lieu of a $25,000 bond.
For more crime information in Sunset Hills-Crestwood Patch, see the following articles:
- Crestwood Detectives Report: All Kohl's Armed Robbery Suspects Arrested
- Man Struck By Ambulance in Sunset Hills Taken Into Custody for Fenton Bank Robbery
- Former Friendship Village Employee Pawned Stolen Rings for Drug Money
- Man Charged With Intent to Make Meth in Sunset Hills Hotel
- Ring Snatched Off Counter in Jewelry Store Theft