User Recap: Beating the Heat, Fireworks Issues and Day Camp
Revisit content and highlights from this week, shared by Patch-ers like you.
Record-breaking heat and a big Supreme Court decision made for ongoing discussions and comments on stories and postings, and your nominations in Patch's Readers' Choice awards are spurring some interesting choices to be voted on later. Make sure you stay tuned to see what selections to make -- only one week left of open nominations!
Take a look back at what our users had to say about these topics and others on Sunset Hills-Crestwood Patch:
In Local Voices:
BOOM! BANG! July 4th And Your Dog—Often Not a Happy Combination One Patch blogger shares her experiences with the rather loud holiday and her dogs...and how to help relieve stress for sensitive-eared canine friends.
Transforming Health Care: Mercy and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act This blogger evaluates the upheld Supreme Court health care decision from a direct perspective -- as Mercy Hospital.
ER Nurse Talks Fireworks Safety If you're still planning on travelling and setting off fireworks on your own, make sure you read this tips before you light anything on fire.
Other blog posts shared this week...
- BBB Expels Car Hop Auto Sales For Accreditation Violations
- Golfers Tee Off in Support of Crisis Nursery: 18th Annual Charity Golf Classic Nets $76,000
- What Does a Good Character Look Like? Ask Long Elementary Students!
- Feeling the heat? Give transit a try in St. Louis to help clear the air
- Car Seat Safety Tips
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Celebrates 55 Graduating Littles
- Host a Star-Spangled Bash with the United “Tastes” of America This July Fourth
- Community College Trustees Elect New Officers
- Dooley Urges Residents to be Cautious During Extreme Heat
- Beat the Heat with Red Mango at West County Center
- Outdoor Movie on the Big Screen in Sunset Hills on Aug. 3
- Walmart/St.Louis Green Win Statewide Environmental Award
- Kirkwood Scouts Make A Difference in Crestwood
- Attorney, Erin D. Reuter
- Trip of a Lifetime for Lindbergh High School Students
- 1 in 6 Americans Get Food-borne Illness: 4 Steps to a Safe 4th of July Barbeque
- President of Kaplan University-St. Louis to speak at The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) on July 5th
- Atlas Restaurant to Benefit Nurses for Newborns
- Kristine Parisi Named Manager of Medical West’s Clayton Flagship Location
- Tips for Inspiring Young Readers
Got special Fourth of July traditions? Thoughts on the latest cultural issue? Share it! It's user interaction from you that drives Patch. Be it in blog post, announcement, photo or comment form, we want to hear from you.
Until then, happy Fourth!