If a vehicle crashed through the window of your gym while you were on a nearby treadmill, would it have you sprinting to the exit? Anytime Fitness co-owner Patti Bueker said after a van drove through the gym's front window on Jan. 7, she was determined not to let it discourage clients.
Two members sustained minor injuries, though no major injuries were reported. The gym re-opened within 24 hours with boards placed over the broken window, and Bueker figured out a way to make the most of the 'injury.'
"I said, 'Okay, it's a cast. You sign a cast. Let's get some markers here,'" Bueker said.
The board is quickly filling with words of encouragement, in addition to some accident-related zingers. Customers have told Bueker that reading the quips has been motivational.
Here are some of my favorites from the wall:
- Not even getting hit by a car on a treadmill could stop me from reaching my goals! (Written by member Michelle, who returned to the gym to work out this week, according to the gym's Facebook page.)
- All things considered--bullfighting is probably safer.
- New at Anytime Fitness--drive through window!
- Now offering a tune-up with your tone-up!
- In the words of Ahhnold: I'll be back. - The Treadmill
- Keep going until you don't want to stop!
- Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there, with a new window and treadmill....coming soon.
- No Parking Zone
- Empty glass is all.