1) Crestwood Board of Aldermen public meeting, 7pm, in Government Center, next door to Kohl's. Meet the new mayor, Jeff Schlink.
2) Word III computer class, 6:30pm, adults, at Oak Bend Branch of St. Louis County Library, 842 S. Holmes Ave.
3) As the Page Turns book discussion group, adults, 7pm, Weber Road Branch Library. Open to any, all. 4444 Weber Rd.
4) Girls' Night Out by Mary Kay 6:30-8:30pm at the Sunset Hills Community Center includes makeovers and makeup gifts.
5) On this day: In 1775 U.S. Post Office precursor created by the Second Continental Congress; in 1788 New York became the 11th state by ratifying the U.S. Constitution; in 1908 the FBI is created by a decree of the U.S. attorney general; in 1948 Pres. Harry Truman desegregates the U.S. military based on race; in 1951 Alice in Wonderland animated movie by Walt Disney premieres in London; in 1990 the American with Disabilities Act becomes law.