The following area police departments have announced drunk driving checkpoints:
- The St. Louis County Police Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol will target areas where drunk driving occurs most often.
- The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will have a DUI checkpoint in High Ridge on Aug. 30.
- O’Fallon Police will target areas with the highest alcohol-related traffic crashes.
- St. Peters Police will conduct checkpoints through the weekend.
- Wentzville Police continue their month-long “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.
Officers will write tickets or make arrests for other violations, including not wearing a seatbelt and driving with a revoked license. Area police will also be cracking down on motorcycle stunts, with the Streetfighterz Ride of the Century 2013 this Labor Day weekend, according to St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol recommends drivers call and report motorists they suspect are driving intoxicated by dialing 800-525-5555 or *55 from a cell phone.