Small Explosion at South Tech Caused by Soda Bottle Device

No injuries or property damage were reported after the small explosion on Monday morning.

A student prank is likely to blame for a small explosion at on Monday morning.

A small soda bottle exploded in a men's bathroom trash can around 7:30 a.m., notes a press release from the Sunset Hills Police Department. School officials believe Drano or bleach were to blame for the incident.

No injuries or property damage were reported.

(Receive up-to-the-minute news about Sunset Hills and Crestwood on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SunCrestPatch)

Two wings of the school were temporarily evacuated, but public safety officials later determined the building was safe, said Wes Buchek, communications director for the Special School District of St. Louis County.

Classes went ahead as planned for the day.

Patch editors Doug Miner and Dan Barger contributed to this report.

Jean Whitney April 30, 2012 at 09:24 PM
Hope it wasn't meth by-products?


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »