The chicken at King Edwards is brought in fresh every day and cut up by hand in the kitchen. Each piece is hand-dipped and fried right in front of the customers. The final crispy texture is just as satisfying as the sound of the fryers crackling in the background. The seafood is just as popular, particularly the Po-Boy sandwich, which overflows with shrimp, clams, oysters or crawfish.
The menu is huge, with sides as comforting as mashed potatoes and gravy, and as taste-tempting as jalapeno hush puppies and fried dill pickles. The restaurant caters for large orders, just give them 48-hours notice.
- Fax: 314-843-6580
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 7pm; Sun, 11:30am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk wheelchair ramp.
- Founding Date: September 4, 2007
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Fried chicken, fish, shrimp, po-boys, desserts, sandwiches.
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.kingedwardschicken.com
- Specialties: Fried chicken and fish
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Sandwiches, Seafood, Soul Food, Southern
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual